Monday, September 5, 2011

Long overdue update post

Life has been hectic with school starting and all. But with Labor Day Weekend, I thought that this would be a nice time to update on what's been going on with me. Well...three weeks ago I moved out of my house and into an apartment dorm for my sophomore year, and my living situation isn't too shabby if I do say so myself. :D
Some pictures of my humble little dorm:
 Little bit messy but I've got a pretty adequate amount of room to store things.

 One of the posters hanging in my room. The wall on the right is a little bland...gigantic vinyl banner coming soon. Go big or go home right? :D

 Radiohead Poster!!! :D

My workspace and current music setup for right now. (and DSOTM poster!) The lack of audio equipment is kind of disheartening but oh well hopefully that will change. Two more posters are on the way to hang in various other places around my room. 

Anyways, dorm life is ridiculous but I love it! My roommates ended up not being crazy and being really chill people. Classes and work will be hectic and pretty intense this semester so updates will probably be limited but I'll do my best to keep updates current. Honestly though, on campus life is kind of boring so far and there hasn't been a whole lot to do.

Anyways, with no meal plan in the dorm I'm in guess I'm going to need to learn to cook a lot better *yikes*. I guess I've always to an extent been pretty interested in cooking, but am terribad at cooking, like really terrible. However, I'd say even in these short two weeks I've been on campus I've gotten better at cooking, so I'll take some time to post more pics of stuff I've made since being on campus. Part of the challenge is too cook healthy and delicious foods all year. Here's a sampling of some items I've made:


 Small (~4 oz.) salmon burger on whole wheat buns.

 Technically didn't made this but it's Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries on top.

4 oz. eye of round steak with leftover brown rice.

I guess I'll leave it on that note, next post will more specifically address the shortcomings (and pros) of the current speakers I have in my dorm and what I plan to do to solve it. Also, by then maybe I'll have the rest of my dorm decorated...which means moar pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment